Thames & Kosmos - Candy Claw Machine-Arcade Game Maker Lab - Debbie's Hallmark
Time yourself or your friends and see if you can retrieve a specific object in a given amount of time. No batteries or electricity are required — it uses only the power of your hand and the mechanical advantage of the machines built into the device. Choose from three different claw shapes (cool nerdy roboticists call these “end effectors”) and find the one that works best to pick up a particular candy or prize. Learn how the gears, levers, belt, screws, hydraulics, linkages, cranks, and claws all work together to pick up, move, and drop prizes. Experiment with different gear ratios to speed up or power up your claw.
Packed with 6 lollipops (Saf-T-Pops) and decoys (fake candy boxes), you can also fill it with whatever small candies, toys, or other small objects you like. The game itself is great for honing dexterity skills and hand-eye coordination. An innovative take on a robotic arm with something really worth grabbing!
- Build your own arcade-style claw machine that grabs lollipops and decoy candy boxes (both included).
- Experiment with three different types of claws (pincher, scoop, and three-pronged).
- Learn about hydraulics, levers, gears, belts, linkages, end effectors, and more.
- Fun, gamified approach to engineering lessons with a sweet candy reward
- Refill your machine with your own treats and prizes for long-lasting fun.
- Ages 6 – 14+
- Year Released: 2021